Last updated: Sep 3, 2021
Personal Data We Collect Directly From You
Prodly collects Personal Data regarding its current customers, potential customers, website visitors, and event attendees. We collect this information to operate our business, provide information on our services, and manage our relationships. We collect such information in the following situations:
- If you express an interest in obtaining additional information about our Services; request customer support (including accessing the Customer Success Portal); use our “Contact Us” or similar features; register to use our websites; sign up for an event, webinar or contest; or download certain content, we may require that you provide to us your contact information, such as your name, job title, company name, address, phone number, email address or username and password;
- If you make purchases via our websites or register for an event or webinar, we may require that you provide to us your financial and billing information, such as billing name and address, credit card number or bank account information;
- If you attend an event, we may, with your further consent, scan your attendee badge, which will provide to us your information, such as name, title, company name, address, country, phone number and email address;
- If you register for an online community that we host, we may ask you to provide a username, photo or other biographical information, such as your occupation, location, social media profiles, company name, areas of expertise and interests;
- If you interact with our websites or emails, we automatically collect information about your device and your usage of our websites or emails (such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses or other identifiers), which may qualify as Personal Data;
- If you use and interact with our Services, we automatically collect information about your device and your usage of our Services through log files and other technologies, some of which may qualify as Personal Data;
- If you voluntarily submit certain information to our Services, such as filling out a survey about your user experience, we collect the information you have provided as part of that request;
- If you visit our offices, you may be required to register as a visitor and to provide your name, email address, phone number, company name, and time and date of arrival.
If you believe that your Personal Data has been provided to us improperly, or you want to exercise your rights relating to your Personal Data, please contact us by using the information in the “Contact Us” section below.
Personal Data We Collect From Other Sources
We may collect information about you from other sources, including third parties from whom we purchase Personal Data and from publicly available information. We may combine this information with Personal Data provided by you. This helps us update, expand, and analyze our records, identify new customers, and create more tailored advertising to provide services that may be of interest to you.
- The Personal Data we collect from other sources includes identifiers, professional or employment-related information, education information, commercial information, visual information, internet activity information, and inferences about preferences and behaviors. In particular, we collect such Personal Data from the following sources:
- Third party providers of business contact information, including mailing addresses, job titles, email addresses, phone numbers, intent data (or user behavior data), IP addresses, and public profile information, for purposes of targeted advertising, delivering relevant email content, event promotion and profiling, determining eligibility and verifying contact information; and
- Another individual at your organization who may provide us with your business contact information for the purposes of obtaining the Services.
Uses of Information
We collect and process your Personal Data for the purposes and on the legal bases identified in the following:
- Security. To detect security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecute those responsible for that activity.
- Quality. To maintain the quality and safety of the Services, and to enhance, improve and update the Services.
- Auditing. To audit activity in our Services, including legal, regulatory, and industry compliance.
- Research and Development. To undertake internal research and technological development and demonstration.
- Communications and Advertising. To record your communication preferences as well as to manage our event planning, marketing, and advertisement activities. We may also use your information to contact you about relevant products, services, and educational events or materials that we believe may be of interest to you such as product announcements, demos, webinars, newsletters, voluntary surveys, research or contest participation and upcoming event details.
Without limiting the foregoing, in our sole discretion, we may share aggregated information that does not identify you or de-identified information about you with third parties or affiliates for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law.
Disclosure and Sharing
- Service Providers. Prodly may share Personal Data with certain service providers, as follows. Service Providers are prohibited from using your information for any purpose other than to provide assistance to Prodly.
- Credit card processors;
- Third-party subprocessors; and
- Other contractors providing services on our behalf.
- Legal Requirements. Prodly may be required by law to disclose your Personal Data. In that event we will take reasonable steps to limit any such disclosure.
- Change of Ownership. If Prodly is acquired or otherwise sells our business, we will transfer all the Personal Data to the successor entity. Prodly will notify you of any change in ownership or sale by either posting that information on our website or by emailing you (at the email address in the system).
- Event Sponsors. If you attend an event or webinar organized by us, or download or access an asset on our website, we may share your Personal Data with sponsors of the event. If required by applicable law, you may consent to such sharing via the registration form or by allowing your attendee badge to be scanned at a sponsor booth. In these circumstances, your information will be subject to the sponsors’ privacy statements. If you do not wish for your information to be shared, you may choose to not opt-in via event/webinar registration or elect to not have your badge scanned, or you can opt-out by contacting us in accordance with Section 9 below.
- Behavioral Advertisers. We may permit third-party behavioral advertisers to use technology to collect information about your use of our websites so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. That advertising may appear either on our website or on other websites.
- Contest and Promotion Sponsors. We may share your Personal Data with sponsors of contests or promotions for which you register.
- Testimonials. From time to time, we may post testimonials on our websites that may contain Personal Data. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Rights as a European Union Resident
If you are a resident of the European Union, you are entitled to certain information and have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (the “GDPR”). Those rights include:
- The right of access to your Personal Data.
- The right to rectify your Personal Data if it is incorrect or incomplete.
- The right to have your Personal Data erased (“right to be forgotten”) if certain grounds are met.
- The right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your Personal Data at any time (if our processing is based on consent).
- The right to object to our processing of your Personal Data (if processing is based on legitimate interests).
- The right to object to our processing of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
- The right to receive your Personal Data from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and the right to transmit your Personal Data to another controller without hindrance from us (data portability).
If you are located in the European Union and you are or have been a user of our Services, we may send you marketing communications based on our legitimate interests, subject always to your right to opt out of such communications. Further, if you are located in the European Union, we will never share your Personal Data with a third party for such third party’s marketing purposes, unless you have specifically consented to us doing so.
You may contact us at email@example.com to exercise any of the above rights. We may request specific information from you to confirm your identity, and in some circumstances, we may charge a reasonable fee for access to your Personal Data.
Furthermore, if you believe that our processing of your Personal Data is inconsistent with your data protection rights under the GDPR and we have not adequately addressed your concerns, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority of your country.
For purposes of the GDPR, we are a “controller” and you are a “data subject.”
Prodly is a U.S.-based company. If you are a non-U.S. resident and provide us with your Personal Data, you acknowledge and agree that your Personal Data may be transferred to and processed in the United States, where the laws regarding processing of Personal Data may be less stringent than the laws in your country. By providing your Personal Data, you consent to such transfer and processing.
Your Rights as a California Resident
California law grants additional privacy rights to California residents. In particular, the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires businesses to disclose, for the past 12 months, (i) the categories of personal information collected, (ii) the sources of the collected personal information, (iii) the purposes for which the collected personal information is used, (iv) the categories of personal information disclosed for a business purpose, and (v) the categories of any personal information sold. Prodly provides these disclosures in the following table. (Note that Prodly does not sell any personal information, even under the broad CCPA definition of a “sale.”)
California residents also have the rights described below. We will not discriminate against any California resident who exercises these rights.
Right to access/know your Personal Data. You may request from us a list of (i) the Personal Data that we have collected about you, and (ii) the categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed your Personal Data. You have the right to up to two (2) access requests each twelve (12) months.
Right to delete your Personal Data. You may request, at any time, that we delete your Personal Data and direct our service providers to delete your Personal Data from their records.
You may contact us to exercise these rights at firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure the privacy and protection of individuals, we are required to verify your identity (or that of your authorized agent) or otherwise authenticate your request(s), which we will do in accordance with the CCPA regulations. Please note that, under the CCPA, we are not required to grant a request to access/know or a request to delete with respect to Personal Data obtained from you in your role as an employee, owner, director, officer or contractor of a company and within the context of Prodly providing its services to such company.
Do Not Track
While some internet browsers offer a “do not track” or “DNT” option that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked, these features are not yet uniform and there is no common standard adopted by industry groups, technology companies, or regulators. Therefore, we do not currently commit to responding to browsers’ DNT signals with respect to our websites.
- Industry Standard Security. While we use industry standard security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the Personal Data under our control, there is no guarantee that it cannot be compromised.
- No One Under Age 13. Prodly does not intentionally gather Personal Data about visitors who are under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and believe Prodly has collected such information in a manner not permitted by law, please contact us as at email@example.com and we will remove such information to the extent required by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
- Links to Third Party Sites. Our Services may contain links to other sites and services, which are owned and controlled by others. These third-party websites have their own policies regarding privacy, and you should review those policies.