CIRCLE OF SUCCESS
Implementing agile release cycles for Salesforce Field Service Lightning
With special guest: Zachary Hower, Salesforce Admin at Quest Software
Salesforce Field Service Lighting (FSL) eases that pain of managing field teams with tools to optimize the best schedule for your business and your customers—without having to leave your Salesforce instance. However FSL’s highly relational data schema makes it difficult to deploy changes from org to org through the release path.
Join Zachary Hower, a Salesforce Admin and Senior Advisor from Quest Software, to learn more about he manages complex, global sales team scheduling with FSL, and how he uses Prodly to manage the tedious administrative parts of FSL release management between Salesforce orgs. Use our data set templates or quickly create individual data sets and deployment plans to suit your implementation needs.
Watch on demand to:
- Get best practices for configuring FSL (Hint: It’s not in production!)
- Learn how to save significant time by eliminating manual tasks
Get expert recommendations for FSL implementation and maintenance
- Hear insights and lessons learned from your peers
Who should attend:
- Anyone looking to stop making FSL changes in production
- Admins, Architects and Release Managers who want to implement agile release management for FSL
- Field Operations teams who manage changes to Service Resources, Territories, Scheduling Policies, Skills and other FSL configurations