Using Prodly, you can quickly and easily create a scratch org with one click, as you can see in the video below.
How to Create a Scratch Org With Clicks, Not Code
To do this yourself, follow these steps:
- In Prodly, navigate to the AppOps Release tab and select “Create Scratch.”
- Add a name, username, source, and duration.
- (Optional) To add a package, activate the “Installed Packages” toggle and select the packages you want to install.
- (Optional) To add metadata, activate the “Metadata” toggle and select a comparison view.
- (Optional) To add data, activate the “Data” toggle, and select a data set or deployment plan.
- Click “Create Scratch Org.”
There you have it! Your scratch org is now created, along with all the metadata, data, and complex relational record data you need. All you have to do is log in and get to work!
What is a scratch org?
A scratch org is a temporary environment in Salesforce that you can use to complete small tasks for projects you’re running on an agile methodology. Learn more about scratch orgs.
Why do I need a scratch org?
A scratch org makes your development and release management process faster and more agile. All you have to do is seed it with only the packages, data, and metadata you care about. Then you can use it for up to 30 days, complete and promote your work, and move on. Read more about when to use a scratch org.
Can I use scratch orgs with Salesforce DevOps Center?
Yes, you can. In fact, with the release of DevOps Center, Salesforce makes it easier for you to use them and adhere to DevOps best practices. Get our FREE Ultimate Guide to Salesforce DevOps Center to learn more!